Jobs and recruitment in Scotland
As one of the most experienced hospitality recruiters in the UK, Recruit Hospitality Ltd supports hotels, restaurants and catering companies with their recruitment needs throughout the whole of Scotland, including the Highlands and Islands.
We specialise in finding the best quality talent available for permanent vacancies covering a wide range of job roles, at all levels, both front of house and back of house.
Scotland in brief
- Scotland is located in Europe, at the northern end of Great Britain.
- Scotland is a part on the United Kingdom, along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Scotland shares a border with England.
- Scotland includes over 700 islands. These include groups called Orkney, Shetland and the Hebrides.
- The population of Scotland in 2011 was around 5.3 million.
- The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh while the largest city is Glasgow. Other major cities include Aberdeen and Dundee.
- Aberdeen has become an important centre for the oil industry after the finding of oil in the North Sea.
- The highest mountain in Scotland is Ben Nevis which stands at a height of 1344 metres (4409 feet).
- The Scottish Highlands are a mountainous region of Scotland with historical importance and a low population density.
- Most major cities are located in the Scottish Lowlands.
- A variety of wildlife can be found in Scotland, including seals, mountain hare, ptarmigan, stoats and the golden eagle.
- Scotland has over 300 railway stations.
- Scotland has a unique culture with traditions such as bagpipes, kilts and highland dancing.
- In 1872, Scotland played England in the first international game of football (soccer). The result was a 0-0 draw.
- The thistle is a national symbol of Scotland.
We would love to hear from you
We Place People First