Hotel Cateys 2018 shortlist announced
The shortlist has been revealed for The Caterer’s Hotel Cateys 2018 awards.
Now in their 12th year, the awards are the hotel industry’s only truly independent benchmark of operational excellence across a variety of roles and departments.
The shortlist includes individuals and teams from hotels across all corners of the UK including the Seren Collection in Pembrokeshire and Swansea; Borthwick Castle, North Middleton, Midlothian; Southampton Harbour Hotel; the Belfry Hotel & Resort, Sutton Coldfield; Nortcote, Langho, Lancashire; and Cedar Manor hotel, Windermere Cumbria.
Since their launch in 2007, the Hotel Cateys have celebrated the most successful hotels, hoteliers and hotel employees across the UK. They were created to recognise and reward those individuals and teams that work tirelessly to make sure their business delivers an exceptional guest experience, day in, day out.
Nearly 70 judges, selected for their expertise and industry knowledge, met at the Conrad London St James hotel earlier this week for two days of vigorous debate and discussion to select shortlists in 15 out of 18 categories from a total of 220 nominations.
Shortlists are not revealed for the Hotelier of the Year, while nominations are still open for entry in the Outstanding Contribution and Extra Mile categories.
The winners will remain a closely guarded secret until they are announced at a celebratory dinner on 23 November at London’s Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel.
To purchase your ticket for the Hotel Cateys, visit our website or contact Martha Allardyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7881 4828. To enquire about sponsoring opportunities at the event, please contact Rob Adam, head of sales, on 020 7881 4817.
The Hotel Cateys are sponsored by the AA, Bidfood, Bunzl, Casna Group, Caterer.com, Christie & Co, Citirecruit, the Professional Kitchen Show & the Foodservice Show, Reynolds, Sky, Tchibo, Yorkshire Tea and Zenith Hygiene Group.
Hotel Cateys 2018 shortlist
Conference and Banqueting Team of the Year
Food and Beverage Manager of the Year
Front of House Manager of the Year
Front of House Team of the Year
Hotel Chef of the Year (fewer than 250 covers)
• George Blogg, Gravetye Manor, near East Grinstead, West Sussex
• Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Northcote, Langho, Lancashire
• Luke Holder, Lime Wood, Lyndhurst, Hampshire
• Niall Keating, Whatley Manor, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
• Adam Smith, Coworth Park, Ascot, Berkshire
Hotel Chef of the Year (more than 250 covers)
Hotel Restaurant Manager of the Year
• Julien Foussadier, Holborn Dining Room, Rosewood London
• Devid Isabella, the Goring, London
• Tomas Klima, The Jetty, Southampton Harbour Hotel
• Leni Miras, the Colony Grill Room at the Beaumont, London
Hotel Restaurant Team of the Year
Housekeeper of the Year
• Fernanda Lewis, the Goring, London
• Tzveta Peneva-Ivanova, Milestone Hotel and Residences, London
• Michelle Ramage, Borthwick Castle, North Middleton, Midlothian
• Sudeepta Saha, Park Plaza County Hall London
Human Resources Manager of the Year
Human Resources Team of the Year
Spa Professional of the Year
Sustainable Hotel of the Year
Extra Mile Award
Nominations open for entry
Nominations open for entry
Hotelier of the Year
There is no shortlist for this award
Reproduced from: The Caterer